What is litho printing?
Offset lithography printing, simply referred to as litho printing, is a sought-after, high-quality printing service designed to be the most effective method for businesses to create all the paper materials they require.
Separate plates print different colours onto the paper – unique colours to match your branding, like metallics and neons, can be produced on individual plates to create a higher quality and distinct finish. Litho printing is typically used on longer runs that do not need to be personalised further throughout the process. It also produces high-quality products at a lower cost the more sheets it’s used for.
Litho printing is ideal for:
- Other direct marketing collateral
What are the advantages of offset lithography printing?
Litho printing uses more resources and is a longer process than digital, however, it comes with its own array of advantages that make it worth a look for your next print run.
- Printing is not limited to standard 4 colours; specific metallics and shades can be added where needed.
- It is cheaper per sheet than digital in longer runs.
- The colour quality is superior thus resulting in a smoother more accurate reproduction of the original image.
- Litho printing can support much thicker paper, typically up to 1000gsm, meaning it feels better in the customer’s hands.
- Litho printed materials can have a UV varnish added for extra protection and quality.