We value our staff and recognise the contribution they make to the success of our company.
We are committed to the continuous development of our team and have a friendly and motivated culture which rewards hard work and dedication. If you want to work with a professional company, with excellent facilities and a glowing reputation we’d love to hear from you, please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com
Right now, we’re looking for a Studio Junior to join our growing team!
We make and shape personalised communications, managed by a team of printing and direct mail professionals. Our superb facilities enable us to offer a complete service from design and pre-press through to delivery and fulfilment. For nearly 40 years we have taken pride in the efficient delivery of high quality, cost effective, print, direct mail and direct marketing solutions to clients across the UK.
Qualities you need
Attitude aptitude and a willingness to learn are very important, ongoing job training will be provided for the correct candidate.
Candidates should be organised, have a good eye for detail and eager to develop a career within a creative environment.
The ideal candidate should have experience analysing and creating artwork. A good knowledge of the Adobe suite focusing on Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator would be a distinct advantage.
A keen interest in marketing, social media, and copy writing would be beneficial as well as good knowledge of WordPress and OpenCart but not essential.
Graphic design, producing artwork in a variety of formats, to a print commercial standard, from briefs provided by the client, or internal briefs by Pepper Management.
Proofing and checking customer supplied artwork to ensure that all files are of ‘print ready’ quality.
Printing match proofs, creating mock ups, and samples as required.
Maintaining Studio Equipment and systems.
Further training and career development will be provided within Team Peppers workflow, to include systems, imposition, pagination, design and software and various day to day activities subject to workload.
There will also be opportunities within our sister company hellomoon.co.uk where you will be required to undertake processing orders and updating graphics for the website. If you have a flair for illustration there are also opportunities to be involved in new product design.
What will I need?
- Working knowledge of design and print processes
- Good working knowledge of Adobe CC (InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, in particular) but if you have skills in other areas of the Adobe creative suite do let us know.
- A good understanding of graphic design principles
- Creative and methodical with a keen eye for detail
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines
- Strong communication skills
- Portfolio of works desirable but not essential
- Social media marketing and copy writing skills
- Illustration and photography/videography skills
- WordPress OpenCart web design skills.
- Commercial Print Knowledge or Experience
- You will be working in a fun high paced fun environment with opportunities to develop your career.
- Salary depending on experience
- Extensive company benefits: Pension (Employer Contribution), Absence Award Programme, Duvet Days, Company Health Scheme, Cycle to Work Scheme, Childcare Vouchers, Life Insurance, Free staff parking, Training and development opportunities.
If you believe that you have what it takes, we’d love to hear from you!
To apply please send your CV and covering letter to the Studio Manager. If you have a sample(s) of your best design work please include a PDF or Link with your application (but not essential): firstname.lastname@example.org
We are considering applications until Monday September 21st 2018 10am cut off.
Reporting to Production Manager
The Press Minder is responsible for printing full colour lithographic high definition print using the latest Heidelberg XL technology with Inpress control. This exciting role involves the printing of high quality full colour commercial print for a wide variety of industries.
Overview of daily tasks
• Efficient make ready and running of high performance printing presses
• Customer satisfaction with regard to quality
• Working on double day shift basis
• Maintenance of machinery
We are currently looking for an experienced individual with a positive mindset.
You must have a keen eye for detail and firm understanding of commercial print.
Key attributes include
• Experience of running lithographic printing presses
• Excellent eye for detail
• Quality conscious and efficient
• Confident team player
• Flexible approach to shift work and overtime
• Previous press room experience – (a minimum of 1 year experience within the print industry) is essential.
• Proven track record of KPI delivery
• Proven experience of operating multiple Heidelberg presses
Key Skills Required
• Good verbal and written communication
• Excellent & efficient organisational skills
• Problem Solving
• Strong eye for quality, detail and colour
• Working under pressure and to tight timescales
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Flexibility and commitment
• Commitment to ongoing personal learning and development and team progression
The position is based in our Plymouth HQ production facility.
Awards and Certification
We are accredited with the BSI ISO 9001 and 14001 quality and environmental standards, we are FSC certified.
We hold a platinum membership with the BPIF and we have a strategic partnership with the Royal Mail.
Click here to download our Job Pack
Here is a list of the regular roles that are available at Pepper:
- Pre-Press Minders
- Press Minders
- Bindery Operatives
- Mailing Operatives