How to prepare and supply print ready artwork and data files
- graphic design
- How to
We're kicking off 2021 with a refresh of our how to guides which have be crafted over the past few years and have been refined and updated as new best practices and software updates have been rolled out.
Without doubt one of the questions we get asked time and again is how to prepare print ready artwork and data files and how to supply them and that is why this is the focus of our first refreshed guide. You can download the full PDF by clicking the link below.
Whether you’re a seasoned designer or a newb. If you’re an old hand with handling data or fresh through the door if you follow the guide for Peppers perfect PDF's and slick data transfer there'll be no delays at proofing stages. The guide is packed with step by step instructions as well as handy tips , as well as links to videos on our Youtube channel.
The guide covers everything that you need in order to submit artwork files to Pepper for print.
- Document set up in InDesign and exporting presets, including cropmarks, bleed and page information
- Pagination - Spreads vs pages for flat folded and bound work
- Binding - Perfect bound or PUR
- Preparing for special finishes such as embossing, foiling, spot UV and more
- Cutter guides - for those projects that require die cutting
- Preparing artwork for data
- File format, security and sending data in compliance with GDPR
- Personalisation and variable text fields